Terms & Conditions
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings: -“UMAI App/Card” or “UMAI Apps/Cards” means UMAI Loyalty Program app/card(s) issued by UMAI to Member(s); “UMAI” means Dome Ace Holding Sdn Bhd (Company No. 926507-D); “Member” or “Members” means individual(s) who has been accepted by UMAI as participating member(s) of the Program in accordance to the Terms and Conditions set forth herein; “Membership” means membership to the Program in accordance to the Terms and Conditions herein; “Merchant” or “Merchants” means the participating merchant(s) of the Program; “Points” means the points awarded to Members for purchases and redemption of Rewards at participating Merchants’ outlets; “Program” means the UMAI Loyalty Program operated by UMAI; “Rewards” means the products, services, rewards, gifts or other benefits made available by UMAI under a rewards program established by UMAI which may be redeemed by Members; “Web” means the website owned and operated by UMAI in relation to the Program and located at www.umai.com.my or at such other domain name registered by UMAI.
- These Terms and Conditions (including the Policy on Privacy and Data Protection) govern the award and use of Points by Members, and set out the terms of the agreement between UMAI and each Member with regards to the Program. A person intending to participate in the Program can sign up and register for the Program with UMAI by applying for a UMAI App/Card and can then earn Points on various purchases at participating Merchants’ outlets. By applying to register with the Program or using the UMAI Web/App/Card, a Member is deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions. UMAI may, in its sole discretion decide and without the need to assign any reason, refuse an application made by any person to be a Member.
- UMAI reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and from time to time as it deems fit at its absolute discretion and without prior notification to Members. Earning or redeeming Points by Members will constitute acceptance of the amended Terms and Conditions. Failure to observe the Terms and Conditions stated herein by a Member may result in termination of Membership.
- UMAI reserves the right to, at any time, vary or terminate the Program or any privileges under the Program or withdraw the UMAI Web/Apps/Cards from use without prior notification to Members and without being liable in any way to Members. UMAI may, at its sole discretion, remove any or all Members from the Program at any time.
- The Program is operated by:
Dome Ace Holding Sdn Bhd,
Level 5, Wisma TT,
Jalan PJS 8/15, Bandar Sunway,
46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Email: [email protected]
- Membership is open to individuals who are 18 years of age and above. Residents and non-residents of Malaysia may apply for membership.
- UMAI is a privilege app/card and is non-transferable. It is not a credit app/card, debit app/card or a charge app/card.
- UMAI App/Card is given out to Members, without charge, without a minimum purchase at UMAI Web or App online.
- A Member may use UMAI Card only in participating Merchants’ outlets or at such places or on such items as UMAI may specify from time to time.
- No annual fee will be charged for the Membership.
- UMAI Card must be presented to the cashier of the participating Merchants’ outlets BEFORE each purchase to record the amount spent. UMAI Card PRESENTED AFTER THE TRANSACTION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR POINT ACCUMULATION.
- There shall be no accumulation of Points for backdated receipts, special savings, offers, bulk purchases and sales, unless otherwise stated.
- POINT ACCUMULATION WILL BEGIN FROM NIL. Members are advised to keep all receipts for at least 6 months of each qualifying period in the event of discrepancies in the accumulated Points.
- Points expire 12 months after issuance on a first in first out basis. Points are not transferable.
- Points will be awarded at the rate agreed between UMAI and Merchant when a Member purchases goods (except for vouchers) at participating Merchant’s outlets. UMAI may alter the method and rate at which Points are awarded at its discretion from time to time. Each Point is equivalent to the value of RM0.02 (2 Cents) or such other value as UMAI may revise from time to time.
- Points will also be awarded for the value of Rewards when a Member redeems for Rewards at Merchant’s outlets, except at certain Merchant outlets (please refer to the Website for further information). A Member may redeem some or all his Points for Rewards subject to the Member complying with the procedures for redemption. Points may be redeemed at the participating Merchant’s outlets, through the Website or by any other methods as UMAI may establish. Redemption of Points will be processed after the application details for redemption has been received by UMAI. Once redemption has been accepted by UMAI, it cannot be cancelled, exchanged or returned. Points cannot be exchanged for cash and can only be used for redemption of Rewards. Rewards may be redeemed by a Member using Points or a combination of Points plus cash/ vouchers. No Points will be issued if redemption is made by a Member online through the Website. On confirmation of redemption, Points redeemed will be deducted from the Member’s account and if applicable, additional Points equivalent to the value of Rewards will be added to the Member’s account. All Rewards are subject to availability and further subject to all applicable legal rules and the terms and conditions (including booking requirements, cancellation restrictions, return conditions, warranties and limitations of liability) as imposed by the supplier of the Reward and UMAI. UMAI makes no representation or warranty of any kind (whether express or implied) with regards to the condition, fitness for purposes, merchantable quality or otherwise of any Rewards redeemed. When Points are redeemed for a Reward that is to be supplied by a third party, UMAI may (but is not obliged to) act as an intermediary between the Member and the third party. UMAI will use its best endeavours to ensure such Rewards are supplied by the third party. UMAI shall not however be responsible for any failure or delay by a third party to supply such Reward, or loss or damage to such Reward during delivery. Points cannot be redeemed until they are credited into the Membership account of the Member. Points will be recorded in the Member’s account only after the Merchant has notified UMAI of the details of the relevant transaction which Points are issued. The Points will be recorded in the Member’s account depending on the frequency of notification from the respective participating Merchants.
- UMAI may, at its discretion, replace or substitute any advertised Reward with a similar Reward.
- A Member may check his Points online at the Web/App.
- In the event of a failure or breakdown of any equipment or system used in connection with the Program, UMAI may refuse request for redemption or to award Points on any transaction. UMAI and the Merchants shall not be responsible or liable in any manner in the event Points are not awarded or redemption cannot be made or a Member is unable to check his Points, due to any failure in the equipment or system used in connection with the Program.
- The use of the Web/App is at the Members’ risk. Members are responsible for the security of their user login and password. UMAI accepts no liability for the disclosure of the user login or password by the Member to a third party, whether intentionally or not. UMAI reserves the right to block a Member from accessing his account online if UMAI has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraud or misconduct has been committed by the Member or a third party. While UMAI uses reasonable efforts to include up to date information in the Web/App and in all its publications, UMAI makes no warranties or representations as to their accuracy, reliability, completeness or otherwise. The contents, materials, products or other services available in UMAI’s publications or accessible through the Web/App are on “as is” and “as available” basis. UMAI disclaims all warranties (express or implied) including but not limited to, merchantability, fitness for purpose and non-infringement, in relation to the contents, materials, products or other services published in any of its publications or available on the Website. UMAI does not warrant that the Website will be error-free, free of viruses, bugs or other harmful components or access to the Website will be uninterrupted. Members are responsible to implement security measures in their computers and mobiles before accessing the Web/App. UMAI shall not be liable in any way for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages howsoever arising out of (i) the use of, or access to, the Web/App; or (ii) delay or inability to use or access the Web/App; or (iii) for any content, information, material, products or services published in, posted on, advertised in or obtained through UMAI’s publications or the Web/App.
- The conditions of use stated on the reverse of the UMAI App/Card form part of the Terms and Conditions herein and in the event of any conflict, the Terms and Conditions contained herein shall prevail.
- A Member may apply for a new UMAI Account or Card if it is lost or stolen, subject to payment of any charges or such other terms, if applicable, imposed by UMAI for replacement of account or card. The Points balance at the time the UMAI Card was lost or stolen may (at the sole discretion of UMAI) be transferred to the new UMAI Account.
- Notification of any matter in relation to the Program shall be deemed given to Members if it is made via any one of the methods below:
o by posting on the Web/App; or
o by sending an email to Members who have provided email address to UMAI; or
o by publication in a newspaper; or
o sending by ordinary post to the last known address of Members appearing in UMAI’s records.
- If UMAI sells or transfers the Program to another party, UMAI may transfer all of UMAI’s rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions without any consent from any Member. UMAI may further disclose and transfer all and any information and data which UMAI holds or which resides in the system of UMAI in relation to the Members and all transactions made by Members, including purchase and redemption transactions (“Information”) to the new transferee, or disclose any such Information to a prospective new buyer. The Member hereby unconditionally and irrevocably agrees to such transfer and disclosure of the Information to the new transferee or the prospective new buyer.
- UMAI will only be liable to a Member (and not any other third party) who suffers loss in connection with the Program arising from Points being wrongly deducted or non-credit of Points entitled by a Member and in such a case, UMAI’s sole liability will be limited to crediting to the relevant Member’s account such Points which have been wrongly deducted or should have been credited but were not. UMAI shall not be responsible where: (i) there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to such Member by UMAI or by any of UMAI’s employees, staffs, authorized personnel or agents; or (ii) such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach at the time UMAI enters into this agreement with such Member; or (iii) any increase in loss or damage resulting from breach by such Member of the Program.
- UMAI and the Merchants are not responsible or liable to the Members for indirect, consequential or economic losses, loss of profits, loss of opportunity or punitive damages of any kind.
- UMAI may further establish rules, procedures and policies in relation to any matter regarding the Program, all of which shall form part of the Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions as set out herein shall prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other documents, statements, rules, procedures, policies or communications, issued by UMAI, including FAQ, advertising or promotional materials.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia and Members shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
- Some materials on the Web/App and other UMAI promotional materials are the intellectual property of participating Merchants, or other third parties. Members have no right to use such intellectual property.
- Each exclusion or limitation of liability in these Terms and Conditions shall also apply for the benefit of each of the participating Merchants and their employees or agents.